Welcome To The Fryeburg Historical Society
Book Project Update
Fryeburg Historical Society has been working on a book project with author Brad Fuller for the last 3 years. We are excited that it is nearing completion, but we need your donations to finish it off. For more details and ways to donate, visit the project page.
We Are Closed for the Winter!
The Museum closed for the year on Wednesday, Sept. 28th.
If you have questions or need to contact us, you can email us at [email protected] or send us a message on our Facebook page. Thanks, and we hope to see you all in the spring.
The Hazel & Owen Currier Doll Museum
The Doll Museum is now closed, but visits can be arranged by appointment through September. The Doll Museum website is undergoing a re-design. Until that is complete, only a few pages will be available the site, which can now be found here.
Our monthly dinners are over for the year! The date for their return will be posted on the events page.
The Fryeburg Historical Society was formed as a non-profit organization in 1974 with numerous goals, both social and educational:
- to cultivate friendship among its members;
- to collect and preserve data on the history of Fryeburg, the Fryeburg area, Oxford County, and the State of Maine;
- to collect and preserve articles, specimens and material objects illustrating the customs, modes and habits of former times;
- to commemorate those whose labors and heroism contributed to the history of the area;
- to assure the preservation of the town’s visual beauty and heritage;
- to compile, write and/or publish historical material of the Town of Fryeburg and the Fryeburg area, and support others doing the same.
In carrying out this mission, the FHS has grown into a valuable resource for anyone interested in local history and genealogy. Over 300 members of the FHS support its museum and research library (The Kendal C. & Anna Ham Research Library). For more information on the house and research library, please see their pages.
The Museum and Library can be found at 83 Portland St., Fryeburg, Maine 04037
Email: [email protected]