We Are Open!
The Museum is now open Tuesday & Wednesday 10 to 2. The Hamm Research Library is open T,W,TH, 10 to 2.
If you have questions or need to contact us you can email us at [email protected] or send us a message on our Facebook page. Thanks, and we hope to see you all soon.
The Hazel & Owen Currier Doll Museum
The Doll Museum is open! Summer hours are: Wednesday 10 to 2, and by appointment. The Doll Museum website is undergoing a re-design. Until that is complete, Information can be found here.
Our monthly dinners are now both take-out, and sit down! Details are posted on the events page.
The Fryeburg Historical Society was formed as a non-profit organization in 1974 with numerous goals, both social and educational:
- to cultivate friendship among its members;
- to collect and preserve data on the history of Fryeburg, the Fryeburg area, Oxford County, and the State of Maine;
- to collect and preserve articles, specimens and material objects illustrating the customs, modes and habits of former times;
- to commemorate those whose labors and heroism contributed to the history of the area;
- to assure the preservation of the town’s visual beauty and heritage;
- to compile, write and/or publish historical material of the Town of Fryeburg and the Fryeburg area, and support others doing the same.
In carrying out this mission, the FHS has grown into a valuable resource for anyone interested in local history and genealogy. Over 300 members of the FHS support its museum and research library (The Kendal C. & Anna Ham Research Library). For more information on the house and research library, please see their pages.
The Museum and Library can be found at 83 Portland St., Fryeburg, Maine 04037
Email: [email protected]