Closed for Now
At this time Fryeburg Historical Society will remain closed in response to the Covid 19 virus. We will reassess this decision as the summer progresses.
If you have questions or need to contact us you can email us at [email protected] or send us a message on our Facebook page. Thanks, and we hope to see you all soon.
Dinners and Tea Postponed
Our monthly dinners and Mother’s Day Tea are postponed until further notice.
The Fryeburg Historical Society was formed as a non-profit organization in 1974 with numerous goals, both social and educational:
- to cultivate friendship among its members;
- to collect and preserve data on the history of Fryeburg, the Fryeburg area, Oxford County, and the State of Maine;
- to collect and preserve articles, specimens and material objects illustrating the customs, modes and habits of former times;
- to commemorate those whose labors and heroism contributed to the history of the area;
- to assure the preservation of the town’s visual beauty and heritage;
- to compile, write and/or publish historical material of the Town of Fryeburg and the Fryeburg area, and support others doing the same.
In carrying out this mission, the FHS has grown into a valuable resource for anyone interested in local history and genealogy. Over 300 members of the FHS support its museum and research library (The Kendal C. & Anna Ham Research Library). For more information on the house and research library, please see their pages.
The Museum and Library can be found at 83 Portland St., Fryeburg, Maine 04037
Email: [email protected]